Thursday 7 February 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hector Babenco and Lawrence Ascott.
Gilda, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's a Gift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1946 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Hector Babenco: Director (Ironweed, Kiss of the Spider Woman).
- Lawrence Ascott: rocker (Isotope).
- Sammy Johns rocker (Politics: Religion and Her).
- Claude Féron: French harness racer.
- Jacques Fournet: French senior police officer, who served as director of the DST (23 May 1990 – 5 October 1993).
- Raymond Gigand: French homicide; shot and killed his wife 4/02/1987.
- Dane Miller: American material engineer and CEO in charge of Biomet, a medical manufacturer of reconstructive orthopedic joint pieces. Miller, a brainy biomedical engineer, is a college graduate with a BS in Materials Engineering, an MS and PhD degree and as an admisitrator, has logged his 27th straight quarter of business growth.
- Héctor Babenco: Argentinian-Brazilian director producer and screenwriter
- Pete Postlethwaite: English actor (Born 1946)
- Gérard Jean-Juste: Haitian priest and activist (d. 2009)
- Filibuster in US Senate kills FEPC bill.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry James & His Orchestra - I'm Always Chasing Rainbows
- Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! - Connee Boswell
- Andrews Sisters - Money is the Root of All Evil
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?