Friday 8 February 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Wheatbread and "Fito" Adolpho De La Parra in Los Angeles.
Gilda, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching It's a Gift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1946 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Paul Wheatbread: rocker (Gary Puckett and Union Gap - "Young Girl").
- "Fito" Adolpho De La Parra in Los Angeles: California, USA; rocker (Canned Heat - "Hot Money").
- Miles Mander: Actor / director (Murder, 3 Musketeers), dies at 57.
- Premier Salazar of Portugal forbids opposition parties.
- The first portion of the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, the first serious challenge to the popularity of the Authorized King James Version, is published.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 February 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry James & His Orchestra - I'm Always Chasing Rainbows
- Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! - Connee Boswell
- Andrews Sisters - Money is the Root of All Evil
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?