Friday 8 February 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 8, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Hawken and Paul Wheatbread.
Ambush Trail, directed by Harry L. Fraser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1946 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Paul Hawken: Environmentalist.
- Paul Wheatbread: rocker (Gary Puckett and Union Gap - "Young Girl").
- "Fito" Adolpho De La Parra in Los Angeles: California, USA; rocker (Canned Heat - "Hot Money").
- Miles Mander: Actor / director (Murder, 3 Musketeers), dies at 57.
- Premier Salazar of Portugal forbids opposition parties.
- The first portion of the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, the first serious challenge to the popularity of the Authorized King James Version, is published.