Sunday 24 February 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Radford and Barry Bostwick in San Mateo.
Rome, Open City, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching It's a Gift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1946 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Michael Radford: Director (1984, White Mischief).
- Barry Bostwick in San Mateo: California, USA; actor (Spin City, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Lexx, Megaforce, Movie Movie, Scruples, Foul Play).
- Anthony Mayer: chief executive (Housing Corporation).
- Jenny O'Hara in Sonora: California, USA; actress (Wishmaster, Facts of Life, My Sister Sam).
- Tullio De Piscopo: Italian drummer and singer, born the son of a drummer in an orchestra.
- Gérard Longuet: French politician, postal, telecommunications and industry minister in 1993.
- Lise-Lotte Mann: Danish astrologer, one of the best known and most loved astrologers in Denmark, died of cancer in Copenhagen on the first day of the new millennium, 1/01/2001, 6:29 PM.
- Jean-Yves Riocreux: French Roman Catholic clergyman, the Bishop of Basse-Terre.
- John Stapleton: British journalist, entertainer and TV host of "This Is Your Life" at Thames Television from 1970. Later he was seen in "Nationwide," 1975-80 and "Panorama," 1980-81, before winning his own TV morning talk show, "The Time The Place," in 1993.
- Grigory Margulis: Russian mathematician and academic
- Juan Peron elected President of Argentina.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 February 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?