Friday 22 February 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Éric Aumonier and Dan Millman.
Rome, Open City, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching It's a Gift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1946 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Éric Aumonier: French bishop, who was named by Pope John Paul II as Bishop of Versailles on 11 January 2001.
- Dan Millman: American author and lecturer in the self-help field.
- Wilfried David: .
- Evert Dolman: .
- Kresten Bjerre: Danish footballer and manager (d. 2014).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 February 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?