Saturday 14 February 1948, Valentine's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jackie Martling [Jackie the Jokeman] and Raymond Joseph Teller in Philadelphia.
Call Northside 777, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1948!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1948 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Jackie Martling [Jackie the Jokeman]: Comedian (Howard Stern Show).
- Raymond Joseph Teller in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; magician (Penn and Teller).
- Teller : American magician, illusionist, actor, comedian, writer, director and usually silent half of the comedy magic duo Penn & Teller, along with Penn Jillette.
- Kitten Natividad: Mexican-American actress and dancer.
- Pat O'Brien: American radio and television personality.
- Wally Tax: Dutch musician (d. 2005)
- Mordecai Brown: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1945).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 February 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Now Is the Hour (Maori Farewell Song) - Margaret Whiting
- Now Is The Hour - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?