Sunday 14 March 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David La Croix and Adrian Zmed.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Public Defender.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1954 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- David La Croix: Race horse trainer.
- Adrian Zmed: American actor, dancer and singer, swarthy, sexy and baby-faced, who came to attention in the late ’70s in the stage musical "Grease" and later appeared in the film "Grease II," 1982.
- Jann Browne: American singer (Asleep at the Wheel).
- Ian Diamond: English statistician and academic.
- Gheorghe Megelea: Romanian-Canadian javelin thrower.
- Ludomir Michal Rogowski: Composer, dies at 72.
- Braves Henry Aaron homers in his 1st exhibition game
- KDAL (now KDLH) TV channel 3 in Duluth-Superior, MN (CBS) begins
- NBA Baltimore Bullets end a 32-game road losing streak.
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 March 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?