Friday 19 March 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Pinnell and Indu Shahani.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Public Defender.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1954 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Charles Pinnell: Horse trainer.
- Indu Shahani: Indian educator.
- Cho Kwang-Rae: South Korean football manager.
- Pierre Falcone: French businessman, the Chairman of Pierson Capital Group with activities in real estate development, transportation infrastructure and oil services in Africa, Latin America and China.
- Herman José: Portuguese-born humorist known mainly in Portugal for his television appearances, he is the son of a Portuguese woman and a German man.
- Jill Abramson: American journalist and author
- Cho Kwang-rae: South Korean footballer coach and manager
- Rashid Nugmanov: Kazakh director producer and screenwriter
- Walter Braunfels: Composer, dies at 71.
- 1st color telecast of a prize fight, Giardello vs. Troy in Madison Square Garden, New York City
- 1st rocket-driven sled on rails was tested in Alamogordo, New Mexico
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Hayes A Jenkins
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Tenley Albright.
- Weekes, Worrell and Walcott complete tons in innings versus England.
- First rocket-driven sled on rails is tested in Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA.
- Joey Giardello knocks out Willie Tory in round seven at Madison Square Garden in the first televised prize boxing fight shown in colour.
- Willie Mosconi sets a world record by running 526 consecutive balls without a miss during a straight pool exhibition at East High Billiard Club in Springfield, Ohio. The record still stands today.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 March 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?