Tuesday 23 March 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Alric and Geno Auriemma.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Public Defender.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 March 1954 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Catherine Alric
- Geno Auriemma: Italian-American basketball player and coach.
- Kenneth Cole: American fashion designer founded Kenneth Cole Productions.
- In Vietnam, the Viet Minh capture the main airstrip of Dien Bien Phu. The remaining French Army units there are partially isolated.
- The 26th Academy Awards ceremony is held.
- RCA manufactures the first color TV set (12-inch screen price: $1,000)
- The Soviet Union recognizes the sovereignty of East Germany. Soviet troops remain in the country.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?