Friday 26 March 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Curtis Sliwa and Katharine Jefferts Schori.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Wallace and Ladmo Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 March 1954 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Curtis Sliwa: American activist, the founder of the Guardian Angels.
- Katharine Jefferts Schori
- Katharine Schori: American ecclesiastic, an Episcopal priest who became the first female Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church.
- Kazuhiko Inoue: Japanese voice actor and singer.
- Clive Palmer: Australian businessman and politician.
- Laurent Jalou: French publisher of fashion magazines, head of Les Editions Jalou, a Paris-based company that owns such titles as L'Officiel, Optimum and Jalouse.
- Piers Gardner: director (British Institute of International and Comparative Law).
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?