Monday 15 March 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François-Eric Gendron and Isobel Buchanan.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Fire In The Ashes by Theodore Harold White was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Public Defender.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 March 1954 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- François-Eric Gendron
- Isobel Buchanan: Scottish soprano opera singer who trained in the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.
- Bob Budiansky: American comic book writer, illustrator, and editor.
- Henry Marsh: American runner and businessman co-founded MonaVie.
- Craig Wasson: American actor.
- Massimo Bubola: Italian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Craig Wasson in Eugene: Oregon, USA; actor (Body Double, Four Friends, Men's Club).
- Arthur Fickenscher: Composer, dies at 82.
- CBS Morning Show premieres with Walter Cronkite and Jack Paar
- WSJV TV channel 28 in Elkhart-South Bend, IN (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?