Tuesday 14 October 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Scary Movie 3, directed by David Zucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right by Al Franken was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anders och Måns.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally or Bookworm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 2003!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 14 October 2003 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 October
- Patrick Dalzel-Job: English soldier and inspiration for James Bond (Born 1913).
- Religion: RTÉ's ''Prime Time'' current affairs programme reports that Cahal Daly, Bishop of Down and Conor, refused to accept allegations passed on to him by students of improper sexual conduct by Monsignor Micheal Ledwith, then head of St Patrick's College, Maynooth, Ireland's major seminary. According to the programme Daly became aggressive, telling students ampquotgo back and say your prayersampquot. The TV programme confirms that Daly, and his predecessor, Cardinal Tomás Ó Fiaich, were
- Sniper – Terrorism: Trial of John Allen Muhammad, who is suspected of being the Washington DC serial sniper, begins. He pleads not guilty.
- Instant Messaging: Microsoft chatrooms close today. Free unmoderated chatrooms outside the US are closed in what Microsoft claim is an attempt to safeguard children.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Israel orders the expulsion of 15 Palestinian detainees from the West Bank to the Gaza Strip.
- British Politics: Conservative Party leader, Iain Duncan Smith, is being investigated by Parliamentary Standards Commissioner Sir Philip Mawer over allegations that he paid a secretarial salary to his wife without her doing sufficient work to warrant the payments.
- Law – A British HIV carrier is found guilty of causing grievous bodily harm after infecting two lovers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 October 2003
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Crewe - Bradford : 2 - 2
- Crystal Palace - Derby : 1 - 1
- Ipswich - Burnley : 6 - 1
- Millwall - Preston : 0 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Birmingham - Chelsea : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?