Thursday 15 May 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ursula Thiess and Andrea Gyarmati in Hungary water polo player (Olympics.
April Fool, directed by Ralph Ceder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1924!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1924 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Ursula Thiess: German actress, onscreen from 1953 in leading roles of mainly German films.
- Jaime Garcia Terre: Poet / essayist.
- Andrea Gyarmati in Hungary water polo player (Olympics: 1948-60).
- Horst Loebe: Germany Actor.
- Maria Koepcke: German-Peruvian ornithologist and zoologist (d. 1971).
- Paul-Henri-Benjamin d'Estournelles de Constant: French diplomat, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (Born 1852).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's a Man, Every Time, It's a Man - Marcia Freer
- Limehouse Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Fare You Well, Old Joe Clark - Fiddlin' John Carson