Wednesday 15 April 1942US date format: 4/15/1942, UK date format: 15/4/1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 15, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Lay and Michel Dubost.
Saboteur, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1942 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Ken Lay: American CEO, former chairman of Enron,...
- Michel Dubost: French Catholic bishop, the third bishop...
- Walt Hazzard: American basketball player and coach (d....
- Kim Il: Jong; son of North Korean President ...
- Julie Sommars in Fremont: Nebraska, USA; actress (Governor and JJ,...
- Pete Rose: Athlete.
- Kenneth Lay: American businessman (d. 2006).
- Tim Lankester: English economist and academic.
- Francis DiLorenzo: American bishop.
- Walter Raphael Hazzard: Wilmington, Delaware -- Basketball (1964...
- Francis X DiLorenzo: American Catholic prelate.
- Robert Musil: Austrian novelist, most noted for his...
- George VI awards George Cross to people of Malta
- The George Cross is awarded to ''to the island fortress of Malta : its people and defenders'' by King George VI.