Wednesday 14 December 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hal Williams in Columbus and Janette Scott.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 December 1938 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Hal Williams in Columbus: Ohio, USA; actor (Private Benjamin, 227, Sanford and Son).
- Janette Scott: Actress (Day of the Triffids).
- Jean-Pierre Coquillaud: Cognac physician.
- Leonardo Boff: in Italy; Brazilian Catholic theologian.
- Marie FM Emmanuel: French Composer / musicologist (Salamine), dies at 76.
- AL permits Cleveland and Philadelphia to play night games
- Major leagues disagree on increasing rosters from 23 to 25
- Will Harridge is elected to a 10-year-term as American League (baseball) president.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Jeepers Creepers - Al Donahue & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?