Friday 10 July 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara B Kennelly and Jan Wincenty Hawel.
The Devil-Doll, directed by Lionel Barrymore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1936 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Barbara B Kennelly: (Rep-D-Connecticut, 1982- ).
- Jan Wincenty Hawel: Composer.
- Herbert Boyer: American businessman co-founded Genentech.
- Tunne Kelam: Estonian journalist and politician.
- Phillies Chuck Klein becomes 4th to hit 4 HRs in a game
- New Straits Convention allows Turkish rearmament of Dardanelles.
- 111 degrees F (44 degrees C), Phoenixville, Pennsylvania (state record hot).
- 109 degrees F (43 degrees C), Cumberland and Frederick, Maryland (state record hot).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?