Saturday July 11, 1936
US date format: 7/11/1936, UK date format: 11/7/1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1936). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Stanley Baldwin (Conservative), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Henri Coulonges and Ruth Dewey.
Earthworm Tractors, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1936?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- Triborough Bridge linking Manhattan, Bronx and Queens opens.
- The Triborough Bridge in New York City is opened to traffic.
- James Murray: Scottish member of the diplomatic...