Thursday 23 July 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Kennedy and Don Drysdale.
Mary of Scotland, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1936 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Anthony Kennedy: American attorney and Judge, confirmed as Associate Justice of the US Supreme Court on 2/18/1988 stemming from a background of 13 years as Appellate Judge on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in Sacramento, CA.
- Don Drysdale: American Hall of Fame baseball pitcher for the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers, famous for a 14-season record of 209 wins against 106 losses with 2,486 strikeouts.
- Michel Dasseux
- Anthony M Kennedy: California, United States -- 106th Supreme Court Justice (1988- ).
- Don Drysdale in Van Nuys: California, USA; pitcher (Los Angeles Dodgers, Cy Young 1962).
- Don Drysoale: Van Nuys sports Champions.
- In Catalonia, Spain, the Unified Socialist Party of Catalonia is founded through the merger of Socialist and Communist parties.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?