Thursday 15 June 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Arnott and Noddy Holder.
Father of the Bride, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hawkins Falls: A Television Novel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1950 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mark Arnott: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Return of the Secaucus 7).
- Noddy Holder: rock vocalist/guitarist (Slade - "Cum On Feel The Noize").
- François De La Brosse: French business leader, who heads the ZNZ advertising agency (formerly Z Group) which he founded in 1980.
- Guy Scotto: French engineer, the foreman at the Hospital in Nice.
- Juliana Azumah-Mensah: Ghanaian nurse and politician.
- Lakshmi Mittal: Indian-English businessman
- Dutch police seize condoms
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mona Lisa - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
- Bonaparte's Retreat - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?