Monday 12 June 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Klaus Eberhartinger and Linda Jenner.
Father of the Bride, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Horse'S Mouth by Joyce Cary was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hawkins Falls: A Television Novel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1950 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Klaus Eberhartinger: Austrian singer and presenter, grep up in Braunau am Inn, graduated with Matura in 1968.
- Linda Jenner: American homicide victim, stabbed to death by her estranged husband, Robert Jenner, on 1/08/1993, shortly after 6:30 PM at the Beverly Manor Nursing Home where she worked as a nurse.
- Dario Vicas: venezuelan politician.
- Oğuz Abadan: Turkish singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Michael Fabricant: English politician.
- Sonia Manzano: American actress singer and screenwriter
- 2 Air France DC-4s crash near Bahrain, about 100 die
- Connie Mack named Honorary Manager of the All-Star Game
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mona Lisa - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
- Bonaparte's Retreat - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?