Thursday 1 June 1950US date format: 6/1/1950, UK date format: 1/6/1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1950). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Robinson and John M Jackson.
Night and the City, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Mr. Jones, Meet The Master by Peter Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My True Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1950
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1950 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Tom Robinson: British rock star and broadcasting personality, the singer famous for the "Glad to Be Gay" song who later came out as bisexual, married a woman and had two children.
- John M Jackson
- Gennadi Mikhailovich Manakov: Colonel / Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-10, TM-16).
- Graham Russell: Melbourne, Victoria -- Rock vocalist (Air Supply).
- Bernard Mazières: French journalist assassined by his own.
- Charlene : American singer.
- Gregory Harrison: Actor.
- Gemma Craven: Dublin, Ireland -- Actress (Wagner, Story of Slipper & Rose).
- Jean Lambert: English educator and politician.
- Michael McDowell: American author and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Wayne Nelson: American singer and bass player (Little River Band).
- Perrin Beatty: Canadian businessman and politician.
- Annemarie Jorritsma-Lebbink: Dutch Minister of Traffic (VVD).
- WKZO (now WWMT) TV channel 3 in Kalamazoo, MI (CBS) 1st broadcast
- June 23 ampndash Mauna Loa in Hawaii starts erupting.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?