Saturday 17 June 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Jolivet and Lee Tamahori.
The Gunfighter, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Art Of Real Happiness by Norman Vincent Peale and Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hawkins Falls: A Television Novel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 June 1950 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Marc Jolivet: French actor, humorist, and occasionally film director, son of the comedian Arlette Thomas and brother of Pierre Jolivet, film director.
- Lee Tamahori: New Zealand film director.
- Cathy Sherk: LPGA golfer.
- Thomas Rose: American police officer and homicide victim, fatally shot on 2/19/1993, 04:05 PM, Boston while scuffling with a prisoner who was trying to escape.
- 1st kidney transplant (Chicago)
- Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and Syria sign security pact
- First kidney transplant (Chicago, Illinois, USA).
- Julius Rosenberg is arrested in the US on suspicion of espionage, accused of heading a spy ring that passed top-secret information concerning the atomic bomb to the Soviet Union.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?