Wednesday 28 June 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Arthur and Marco Columbro.
Destination Moon, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Web.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1950 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Ken Arthur: Australian softball assistant coach (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Marco Columbro: Italian actor and producer of many specials in Italy's Channel-5.
- Chris Speier: American professional baseball player who played third baseman for the San Francisco Giants and the Montreal Expos.
- Philip Fowke: English pianist and educator.
- David Lanz: American New Age pianist.
- Mauricio Rojas: Chilean-Swedish economist and politician
- Henry Balfour Gardiner: Composer, dies at 72.
- Korean War: North Korean forces capture Seoul.
- Korean War: Hangang Bridge bombing.
- Korean War: Seoul National University Hospital Massacre.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 June 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?