Wednesday 21 June 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Miskolczi and Joey Kramer in New York City.
Destination Moon, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Chicago Confidential by Jack Lait and Lee Mortimer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Garry Moore Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1950 ?
- Terry Miskolczi: Dunnville, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1976 Alberta-3rd).
- Joey Kramer in New York City: New York, USA; rock drummer (Aerosmith - "Janie Got a Gun").
- Gerard Lanvin: French actor.
- Gérard Lanvin: French popular actor, who began earning his living selling trousers.
- Anne Carson: Canadian poet and academic.
- Joey Kramer: American drummer and songwriter (Aerosmith)
- Vasilis Papakonstantinou: Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Enn Reitel: Scottish actor and screenwriter
- John Young: Scottish-Australian singer
- Trygve Thue: Norwegian guitarist and record producer
- Joe DiMaggio gets his 2,000th hit
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?