Wednesday 14 June 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ziad Takieddine and Rowan Williams.
Father of the Bride, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Way West by A.B. Guthrie Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1950
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 14 June 1950. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1950 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Ziad Takieddine
- Rowan Williams: Rowan Williams was the 104th Archbishop of Canterbury, Metropolitan of the Province of Canterbury and Primate of All England, offices he held from December 2002 to December 2012, and was previously Bishop of Monmouth and Archbishop of Wales, making him the first Archbishop of Canterbury in modern times not to be appointed from within the Church of England.
- Jeremy Sinden: Actor (Chariots of Fire, Ascendancy, Harem).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?