Friday 30 June 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 30, 1950). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Whiting and Pablo Castillo.
The Flame and the Arrow, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Stubborn Heart by Frank G. Slaughter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Stork Club.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 1950
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1950 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Leonard Whiting: British actor.
- Pablo Castillo: Jockey.
- Donna Jean Willmott in Akron: Ohio, USA; FALN member (FBI most wanted).
- US General MacArthur visits front in South Korea / asks for US troops
- US President Harry Truman orders US troops into Korea.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mona Lisa - Victor Young & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cherry)
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Weavers (Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?