Saturday 15 September 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans-Gert Pottering and Carmen Maura.
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1945 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Hans-Gert Pottering: German politician, President of the European Parliament.
- Carmen Maura: Spanish actress.
- Muqrin bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: Saudi Arabian prince.
- Jessye Norman: United States -- Opera singer (Carmen).
- Hans-Gert Pöttering: German lawyer and politician 23rd President of the European Parliament.
- Ron Shelton: American director producer and screenwriter
- A hurricane in southern Florida and the Bahamas destroys 366 planes and 25 blimps at NAS Richmond.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?