Wednesday 16 August 1933US date format: 8/16/1933, UK date format: 16/8/1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 16, 1933). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Newmar and François Dyrek.
Dinner at Eight, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1933
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1933 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Julie Newmar: American actress, singer and dancer who...
- François Dyrek: French actor.
- Stuart Allen Roosa: astronaut (Apollo 14), dies of...
- Stuart Roosa: American military Colonel and an...
- Stanley Milgram: Psychologist.
- Tom Maschler: English author and publisher.
- Reiner Kunze: German poet and translator.
- Jan van Ginkel: Graphic artist / publisher...
- Stuart A "Smokey" Roosa in Durango: Colorado, USA; Colonel US Air...