Monday 15 November 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to What's My Name? by Rihanna.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Confession by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Edwardian Farm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DJ Hero 2 or Bar Oasis.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 15 November 2010 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 November
- The US Mint releases the 2010 Mount Hood National Forest quarter dollar to circulation.
- US diplomat Richard Holbrooke says the US has a transition plan for Afghanistan, not an exit strategy, and that there will be some drawdown of American troops in Afghanistan next year but the U.S. combat mission will not end there until 2014. (CP via Google)
- Fire destroys a high-rise apartment building in Shanghai, China, killing at least 42 people, injuring more than 90 and forcing some residents to jump from windows to escape. (Shanghai Daily)
- At least 42 people die after a building collapses in eastern New Delhi, India with at least twenty people trapped in the rubble. (AFP via Google News)
- Iran arrests five human rights lawyers for security-related offences, the latest in a series of arrests of Iranian human rights' activists since last year's disputed presidential election. (''Herald Sun'')
- Recently freed democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi criticizes the recent elections in Burma, but calls for dialogue with Myanmar government and pledges to keep working toward restoring democracy and improving human rights in Myanmar. (''The Australian'')
- A. Raja resigns as the Indian Telecommunications Minister over claims that licenses had been improperly given to mobile phone companies. (BBC)
- Guinea election
- Violence occurs in Guinea as both candidates declare victory ahead of the Guinean presidential election. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Alpha Condé of the opposition Rally of the Guinean People is declared the winner of the election. (CNN)
- Scientists exhume the remains of 16th century astronomer Tycho Brahe in Prague to try to solve the mystery of his sudden death. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 November 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Hertha - Bochum : 2 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alcorcon - Cordoba : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Sedan - Ajaccio : 4 - 1
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Asteras Tripolis - Kavala : 0 - 1
- Iraklis - Aris : 1 - 0
- Panserraikos - Olympiakos Volou : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?