Friday 16 January 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Jay Mathews and Scott Klug.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Cross And The Crown by Norman Beasley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Favorite Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1953 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Robert Jay Mathews: American neo-Nazi (d. 1984).
- Scott Klug: American politician, a former businessman and television journalist prior to entering politics.
- Robert Mathews: American militant founded The Order (d. 1984).
- John Hill: Canadian actor.
- KXLY TV channel 4 in Spokane, WA (ABC / CBS) begins broadcasting
- Egyptian Premier General Naguib disbands all political parties.
- 27th Australian Womens Tennis: Maureen Connolly beat J Sampson (6-3, 6-2).
- 41st Australian Mens Tennis: Ken Rosewall beats Mervyn Rose (6-0, 6-3, 6-4).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pretend - Ralph Marterie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?