Wednesday 28 January 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Debbie Steinbach and Michael Day.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Wonderful Country by Tom Lea was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Private Secretary.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1953 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Debbie Steinbach: LPGA golfer.
- Michael Day: Rocker.
- Richard Anconina: French actor whose notable films include Tchao Pantin, Police, Itinéraire d'un enfant gâté, Le Petit Criminel, and La Vérité si je mens!.
- Anicée Alvina: French singer and actress.
- Jim Bostic: American athlete, pro basketball player for one season, 1977-78 for Detroit.
- Sheri Diamond: American con-artist with a number of different aliases, five drivers licenses and several birth certificates, but known to the cops as "the shrimp lady." Her arrest record runs to about 20 incidents in some ten states since 1971. When she was arrested in West Allis, Wisconsin on 4/26/1993, the police found $248,000 in cash in the car, a 1988 Cadillac, along with a wardrobe of 330 blouses, 709 pieces of lingerie, 276 scarves, 295 pair of earrings, 160 skirts, 104 sweaters, 5 fur coats and 472 pie
- Robert Cringely: American technology journalist.
- Christian Kratz: French Catholic clergyman, the auxiliary bishop of Strasbourg since 2001.
- Colin Campbell: Canadian ice hockey player and executive
- Chris Carter: English DJ and producer (Throbbing Gristle and Chris & Cosey)
- WJTV TV channel 12 in Jackson, MS (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Derek Bentley is executed for murder in HM Prison Wandsworth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh Happy Day - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
- Four Knights - Oh, Happy Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?