Saturday 24 January 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nigel Glockler and Moon Jae-in.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while This I Believe by Edward R. Murrow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Favorite Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1953!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 January 1953 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Nigel Glockler
- Moon Jae-in
- Yuri Bashmet: Russian violinist viola player and conductor.
- Tim Stoddard: American baseball player and coach.
- Matthew Wilder: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Joyce Hoen: Dutch astrologer and ISAR international vice-president representing the Netherlands.
- Brian Matthews in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (The Burning).
- [Karl R] Gerd von Rundstedt: Gen-field marshal (Normandy), dies at 77.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh Happy Day - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
- Four Knights - Oh, Happy Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?