Friday 23 January 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pat Haden and Pat Haden in Westbury.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond The Himalayas by William O. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Favorite Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1953 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Pat Haden: Westbury, New York -- NFL quarterback (LA Rams).
- Pat Haden in Westbury: New York, USA; NFL quarterback (Los Angeles Rams).
- Alister E McGrath: British theologian and scientist.
- John Luther Adams: American composer.
- Stéphane Lissner: French stage and opera theatre director.
- Antonio Villaraigosa: American politician, first Latino mayor of Los Angeles in over 130 years, elected on May 17, 2005 and sworn in to the office on July 1st.
- Robin Zander: American musician, the lead singer and guitarist of the rock band, Cheap Trick begnning in 1972. In 1977 the group released their first album and in 1993 he released a solo album.
- John Adams: American composer
- Alister McGrath: Irish priest historian and theologian
- NFL Dallas Texans become Baltimore Colts (later Indianapolis Colts).
- Bobby Simpson makes first-class debut for New South Wales at age 16 years 357 days.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?