Thursday 22 January 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Myung-Whun Chung and Jim Jarmusch.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Men At Arms by Evelyn Waugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Favorite Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1953 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Myung-Whun Chung: Seoul, South Korea -- Pianist / conductor.
- Jim Jarmusch: American film-maker with a Czech-German-French-Irish background.
- Winfried Berkemeier: German footballer and manager.
- Myung-whun Chung: South Korean pianist and conductor.
- ''The Crucible'', a drama by Arthur Miller, opens on Broadway.
- Mau Mau Uprising: Rebels in Kenya kill the Ruck family (father, mother and six-year-old son).
- Walter Ulbricht announces that the agriculture will be collectivized in East Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?