Tuesday 6 January 1953, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Frazer and Thomas Mirow.
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
The Little World of Don Camillo, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Favorite Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1953 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Ian Frazer: Scottish-born Australian Scientist and the CEO and Director of Research of the Translational Research Institute.
- Thomas Mirow: German politician, former President of the European Bank.
- Michael Wilding: American noted family and actor, the son of Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Wilding.
- Malcolm Young: Scottish-Australian musician, a rhythm guitarist with the rock group "AC/DC.
- WKBN TV channel 27 in Youngstown, OH (CBS) begins broadcasting
- The first Asian Socialist Conference opens in Rangoon, Burma.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 January 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?