Saturday 16 January 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ulrich van Gobbel and Junior Bryant.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Wheels by Arthur Haile was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1971 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Ulrich van Gobbel: Suriname -- Dutch soccer player (Feyenoord).
- Junior Bryant: NFL defensive end (San Francisco 49ers).
- Sergei Bruguera: in Spain; tennis star.
- Scott Williams in Orange: California, USA; field hockey defender (Olympics-1996).
- Michel Kreek: Dutch soccer player (Ajax).
- Jukka-Pekka Nummi: WLAF cornerback (Scottish Claymores).
- Josh Evans: American actor and noted family, son of the producer Bob Evans and actress Ali McGraw. One of a new generation of filmmakers, he wrote, directed and starred in "The Price of Air," 2000, a gritty underground saga set in Los Angeles. Evan’s other credits include "Inside the Goldmine" and "Glam."
- Sergi Bruguera: Spanish tennis player. A professional since 1988, he made the highest finish in the quarterfinals at the Seat Godo and Mallorca Opens in 1998. In 1997, for the third time in his career he made it to the French Open finals but was unable to claim the title.
- Jonathan Mangum: American actor producer and screenwriter
- Ard Schenk skates world record 1500m (1:58.7).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?