Monday 16 July 1990
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Maslow and Alexander Wachs.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to She Ain't Worth It by Glenn Medeiros.
In UK Sacrifice / Healing Hands by Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Arachnophobia, directed by Frank Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Burden Of Proof by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventures of Lolo 2 or DuckTales: The Quest for Gold.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1990!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1990 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- James Maslow: American singer and actor (Big Time Rush).
- Alexander Wachs: YouTube Star.
- Wizkid : World Music Singer.
- Radka Bártová: Slovak figure skater.
- Johann Zarco: French motorcycle racer.
- 400 die in a (7.7) earthquake in Philippines
- Bridgette LeAnn Wilson, 17, of Oregon, 8th crowned Miss Teen USA
- Civil trial by parents of Suicide victims against Judas Priest begins
- Ukraine declares independence
- New York City's Empire State Building catches fire; no fatalities.
- The Parliament of the Ukrainian SSR declares state sovereignty over the territory of the Ukrainian SSR.
- Luzon Earthquake stroke in Benguet, Pangasinan, Nueva Ecija, La Union, Aurora, Bataan, Zambales and Tarlac, Philippines, with an intensity of 7.7.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 July 1990
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glenn Medeiros - She Ain't Worth It
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Billy Idol - Cradle Of Love
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love
- New Kids On The Block - Step By Step
- Snap! - The Power
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
- Michael Bolton - When I'm Back On My Feet Again
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?