Thursday 16 August 1990
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Holly Michaels and James Filon.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
Wild at Heart, directed by David Lynch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Liar'S Poker by Michael Lewis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Let the Blood Run Free.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing International Soccer or Atomino.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1990!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 August 1990 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Holly Michaels
- James Filon: YouTube Star.
- Tori Hughes: Instagram Star.
- Kelsey Darragh: YouTube Star.
- Kōki Uchiyama: Japanese actor.
- Godfrey Oboabona: Nigerian footballer.
- Pat O'Connor: New Zealand professional wrestler (Born 1925).
- Iraq orders 4000 Britons and 2500 Americans in Kuwait to Iraq.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?