Monday 16 June 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Zwang and David Konstant.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1930 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Gérard Zwang: French urologist-surgeon, author of books on sexology, and one of the founders of the French Society of Clinical Sexology.
- David Konstant: Bishop (Leeds).
- Allan D'Arcangelo: American artist (Born 1930).
- Vilmos Zsigmond: Hungarian-American cinematographer and producer (d. 2016).
- Sovnarkom establishes decree time in the USSR.