Friday 14 May 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dorothy Brock .
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Kindred of the Dust by Peter B. Kyne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1920!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1920 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Dorothy Brock: American child actor, she made her film debut in the 1924 silent-movie version of "Lilies of the Field" and her last movie in 1927.
- Giants inform Yankees that the lease allowing them to play in the Polo Grounds will not be renewed at end of 1920 season
- Washingston Senator Walter Johnson wins his 300th game vs. Detroit
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Swanee (from Sinbad) - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?