Friday 16 April 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 16, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Losers, directed by Sylvain White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Las Aparicio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CSI: Crime City or DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 16 April 2010 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 April
- Rasim Delic: Bosnian military chief of staff and war criminal (Born 1949).
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charges Goldman Sachs Group with fraud over its marketing of a subprime mortgage product. Goldman Sachs shares drop 12.8 percent, closing down $23.57 at $160.70 on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Eruption of Eyjafjallajökull volcano:
- Travel chaos spreads across Europe as planes are grounded in the United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia as a result of the giant cloud of ash coming across from Iceland. (CNN)
- The UK's National Air Traffic Service (NATS) confirms flight restrictions will now remain in place until at least 07:00 tomorrow. (Sky News)
- Ireland opens its air space and transatlantic flights resume from Dublin Airport. A small section off the south coast remains closed. (RTÉ)
- The BBC reports that share prices have fallen in many European airlines as a result of the grounding of many jets. (BBC)
- Jens Stoltenberg, Prime Minister of Norway, is stuck in New York City due to the eruption. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- 2010 Yushu earthquake:
- Premier Wen Jiabao travels to the earthquake zone, having postponed a scheduled visit to Brunei, Indonesia and Myanmar. President Hu Jintao calls the Presidents of Chile and Venezuela to postpone trips to those countries. (CNN)
- Child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church:
- Benedict prepares for a trip to Malta, his first trip abroad in 2010, where abuse survivors demand to meet him. (Voice of America)
- The Government of Ireland announces a statutory fund of €110 million for former residents of institutions who were abused as children. (''The Irish Times'')
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- The Arab League expresses ampquotgreatampquot concern over Israeli ampquotaggressionampquot in the Gaza Strip, stating that human rights are being breached. (Yemen News Agency - SABA)
- Two Palestinian vehicles in a West Bank village are torched by settlers protesting against Israel's temporary construction freeze in the West Bank. (''Ha'aretz'')
- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad writes a letter to President of the United States Barack Obama urging cooperation between the two countries. (''The Washington Post'')
- Victims of the recent severe storm in India angered by slow government response attack officials and raid an aid storage facility. (''AFP'')
- At least ten people die and another 35 are wounded in a suicide attack on a hospital in Quetta. (Sky News)
- The seven candidates running in Sunday's Northern Cyprus presidential election, 2010 take part in a live televised election debate on Turkish Cypriot TV. (''Today's Zaman'')
- UK general election countdown:
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 April 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Inter - Juventus : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Bochum : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Duisburg : 2 - 0
- Greuther Furth - Paderborn : 1 - 1
- Koblenz - Karlsruhe : 2 - 2
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Girona - Levante : 0 - 4
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Savior - Rise Against
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Muse - Uprising
- Phoenix - 1901
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Germany might consider exiting monetary union in coming years to protect price stability as the Greek crisis threatens to turn the euro area into a region of “fiscal profligacy,” Morgan Stanley said. [..]
Eighteen months after the failure of Lehman Brothers, writers seeking to make sense of the debacle have had their say. But two late-comers to the party, Roger Lowenstein and Michael Lewis, have produced books original and elegant enough to stand out from the crowd, Daniel Gross writes in his review of “The End of Wall Street” and “The Big Short.” [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $45.28
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $76.98
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.66
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $54.05
- 1 CHF = 6.4273 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7381 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0476 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.307 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?