Monday 16 November 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Allard and Queenie Ashton.
while Lovey Mary by Alice Hegan Rice was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1903!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1903 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Jacques Allard: French military officer who was involved in the decolonization conflict in Indochina (1946-1954) and Algeria (1954-1962).
- Queenie Ashton: British-Australian radio and stage performer, best known for her role as Granny Bishop in Gwen Meredith's ABC radio serial "Blue Hills," February 1949 to 1976.
- Joseph Barsalou: French journalist and editor of La Depeche du Midi, a regional daily newspaper published in Toulouse in south-west France with 17 editions for different areas of the Midi-Pyrénées region.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hiawatha Two-Step - Sousa's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?