Wednesday December 16, 1903
US date format: 12/16/1903, UK date format: 16/12/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 16, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Rafael Alberti and Pierre Vialle.
The Magic Lantern, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 16, 1903?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- See more
- Majestic Theater, New York City, New York, becomes first in US to employ women ushers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 16, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bob Roberts - By the Sycamore Tree
- J.W. Myers - You're as Welcome as the Flowers in May
- Billy Murray - Up in a Cocoanut Tree
- George Alexander - Mighty Like a Rose