Wednesday 16 December 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 16, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rafael Alberti and Pierre Vialle.
The Magic Lantern, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 December 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1903!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1903 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Rafael Alberti: Spanish poet (El hombre deshabitado).
- Pierre Vialle: France Scientist.
- Hardie Albright: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Silver Streak, Scarlet Letter).
- Harold Whitlock: English race walker and coach (d. 1985).
- Majestic Theater, New York City, New York, becomes first in US to employ women ushers.
- Taj Mahal Palace amp Tower hotel in Bombay opens its doors to guests.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1903 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mighty Like a Rose - George Alexander
- Up in a Cocoanut Tree - Billy Murray
- You're as Welcome as the Flowers in May - J.W. Myers
- By the Sycamore Tree - Bob Roberts