Tuesday November 24, 1903
US date format: 11/24/1903, UK date format: 24/11/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 24, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
The Ballet Master's Dream, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 24, 1903?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- See more
- Clyde Coleman of New York City patents automobile electric starter.
- Charles Dupee Blake: Composer, dies at 56.