Tuesday 17 November 1903
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Kaminski and Marie-Louise Giraud.
while Lovey Mary by Alice Hegan Rice was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1903!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1903 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Joseph Kaminski: Composer.
- Marie-Louise Giraud: French housewife and mother who became one of the last women to be guillotined in France.
- Lucien Michard: French cyclist who won a Gold Medal at the Paris Olympics in 1924.
- The Russian Social Democratic Labor Party splits into two groups; the Bolsheviks (Russian for ''majority'') and Mensheviks (Russian for ''minority'').
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hiawatha Two-Step - Sousa's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?