Tuesday 16 November 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Glen Edward Day and Valeria Bruni Tedeschi.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Hear A Symphony by The Supremes.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Bräute meiner Söhne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1965 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Glen Edward Day: Mobile, Alabama -- PGA golfer (1994 Anheuser-Busch-2nd).
- Valeria Bruni Tedeschi: Turin, Italy -- Actress (Normal People).
- Clarke : Belgian cartoon illustrator.
- Mika Aaltonen: Finnish footballer.
- Mark Benton: English actor.
- Alexander King: Author (Jack Paar Show), dies at 66.
- Venera 3 launched, 1st to land on another planet (crashes into Venus)
- Walt Disney launches Epcot Center: Prototype Community of Tomorrow
- Venera program: the Soviet Union launches the Venera 3 space probe toward Venus, that will be the first spacecraft to reach the surface of another planet.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 November 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- The Vogues - You're The One
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?