Sunday November 28, 1965
US date format: 11/28/1965, UK date format: 28/11/1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see zodiac on November 28, 1965). The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Guillaume Dustan and Matt Williams.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Hear A Symphony by The Supremes.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
That Darn Cat!, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Newcomers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 28, 1965?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- See more
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship
- Vietnam War: In response to U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson's call for ''more flags'' in Vietnam, Philippines President Elect Ferdinand Marcos announces he will send troops to help fight in South Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 28, 1965?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Sport Games on November 28, 1965
- Chicago Bears - New York Giants : 35 - 14
- Cleveland Browns - Pittsburgh Steelers : 42 - 21
- Dallas Cowboys - Washington Redskins : 31 - 34
- Green Bay Packers - Los Angeles Rams : 10 - 21
- Philadelphia Eagles - St. Louis Cardinals : 28 - 24
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on November 28, 1965?
On November 28, 1965 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is November 28, 1965?
On November 28, 1965 the zodiac sign was Sagittarius.
Who was the US President on November 28, 1965?
On November 28, 1965 the US President was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on November 28, 1965?
On November 28, 1965 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on November 28, 1965?
On November 28, 1965 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on November 28, 1965?
On November 28, 1965 several famous people were born including, Guillaume Dustan, Matt Williams, David Ecob.
What was the number one song in November 28, 1965?
The number one song in the week of November 28, 1965 was I Hear A Symphony by The Supremes in US and Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones in UK.
What were the top hits on November 28, 1965?
The top hits on November 28, 1965 were I Hear A Symphony by The Supremes, Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds, 1-2-3 by Len Barry in US and Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones, The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers, Tears by Ken Dodd in UK.