Thursday 16 October 1986
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 16, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Inna (singer) and Jordan Larson.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to When I Think Of You by Janet Jackson.
In UK True Blue by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Stand by Me, directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Fatherhood by Bill Cosby was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Super Sloppy Double Dare.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Calorie Kun Vs. Moguranian or Alley Master.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1986!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1986 ?
- Inna (singer)
- Jordan Larson
- Nicky Adams: English-Welsh footballer.
- Ali Fazal: Actor.
- Craig Pickering: English sprinter and bobsledder.
- Raggedy Ann opens at Nederlander Theater NYC for 5 performances
- Marie Osmond marries Brian Blosil
- US government closes down due to budget problems.
- Armand Hammer returns to US with Jewish refusenik David Goldfarb.
- Reinhold Messner becomes the first person to summit all 14 Eight-thousanders.
- Ron Arad, Israeli Weapons System Officer, is captured by Lebanese Shi'ite militia Amal.
- The International Olympic Committee chooses Albertville, France to be the host city of the 1992 Winter Olympics and Barcelona, Spain to be the host city of the 1992 Summer Olympics. The IOC also announces that the summer and winter games will separate with the winter games on every even, common year starting from 1992.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Tina Turner - Typical Male
- Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
- Genesis - Throwing It All Away
- Don Johnson - Heartbeat
- Stacey Q - Two Of Hearts
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
- Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - All Cried Out
- Billy Joel - A Matter Of Trust
Top #10 R&B songs
- Cameo - Word Up
- Howard Hewett - I'm For Real
- Gregory Abbott - Shake You Down
- The Temptations - Lady Soul
- Tina Turner - Typical Male
- Earth Angel (From "The Karate Kid, Part II") - New Edition
- Five Star - Can't Wait Another Minute
- A Little Bit More - Melba Moore (Duet With Freddie Jackson)
- Ashford & Simpson - Count Your Blessings
- Oran 'Juice' Jones - The Rain
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?