Monday 17 February 1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ricardo Rodriguez and Daphne Oz.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to How Will I Know by Whitney Houston.
In UK When The Going Gets Tough (The Tough Get Going) by Billy Ocean was in the top 5 hits.
The Hitcher, directed by Robert Harmon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Bus 9 To Paradise by Leo Buscaglia was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hot Metal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Black Cauldron or Layla.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1986!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 February 1986 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Ricardo Rodriguez: American wrestler and ring announcer.
- Daphne Oz: TV Show Host.
- Joey O'Brien: Irish footballer.
- 1st Francophone Summit convenes at Versailles
- Howard Stern radio show returns to NYC morning radio (WXRK 92.3 FM)
- Johnson and Johnson announces it no longer sells capsule drugs.
- The Single European Act is signed.
- The Soviet Union launches the Mir space station.
- After waiting 37 years, the United States Senate approves a treaty outlawing genocide.
- People Power Revolution: President Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines goes into exile in Hawaii after 20 years of rule Corazon Aquino becomes the first Filipino woman president, first as an interim president. Salvador Laurel becomes her Vice President.
- Egyptian military police, protesting against bad salaries, enter 4 luxury hotels near the pyramids, set fire to them and loot them.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
- Mr. Mister - Kyrie
- Billy Ocean - When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
- Starship - Sara
- James Brown - Living In America
- Sade - The Sweetest Taboo
- The Dream Academy - Life In A Northern Town
- Mike + The Mechanics - Silent Running
- Survivor - Burning Heart
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?