Tuesday February 17, 2004
US date format: 2/17/2004, UK date format: 17/2/2004
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see zodiac on February 17, 2004). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Slow Jamz by Twista.
In UK Take Me To The Clouds Above by LMC vs U2 was in the top 5 hits.
Nacktschnecken, directed by Michael Glawogger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while Seduced By Moonlight by Laurell K. Hamilton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kingdom Hospital.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battles in Normandy or Deep Labyrinth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 17, 2004?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- See more
- Bishop Thomas O'Brien, the former head of Arizona's largest Roman Catholic diocese, is convicted of a hit and run making him the first Catholic bishop in the United States to be convicted of a felony. (Washington Post)
- Democratic presidential nomination: Wisconsin held its primary election. John Kerry got 40% of the vote, followed by John Edwards with 34%, and Howard Dean with 18%.
- The US FAA announces it will attempt to require a fuel tank inerting system in most large airliners in an effort to prevent fuel tank explosions such as the one which apparently destroyed TWA Flight 800 in 1996. The order could take two years to complete and then would require a retrofit of about 3,800 large Boeing and Airbus jets over the next seven years. (Newsday) (NYT)
- Cardinal Walter Kasper, head of the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of Christian Unity, a top Vatican official arrives in Moscow for sensitive talks with the Russian Orthodox hierarchy, which accuses the Catholic Church of aggressive proselytizing in traditionally Orthodox lands. (NYT) (Russian Orthodox Church)
- See more
President of Mexico (Born 1920).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 17, 2004?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Paulina Rubio - Te Quise Tanto
- Thalia - Cerca De Ti
- Obie Bermudez - Me Canse De Ti
- Chayanne - Cuidarte El Alma
- Marco Antonio Solis - Mas Que Tu Amigo
Sport Games on February 17, 2004
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Grimsby - Bristol City : 1 - 2
- Tranmere - Plymouth : 3 - 0
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Albion Rvs - Stranraer : 1 - 4
- Bristol Rvs - Huddersfield : 1 - 1
- Cambridge - Carlisle : 2 - 2
- Darlington - Northampton : 1 - 2
- York - Lincoln : 1 - 4
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in February 2004?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $42.20
- Apple AAPL: opens at $23.10
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $26.70
- General Electric GE: opens at $33.08
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $99.99
- 1 USD = 105.69 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3085 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2275 CHF
- 1 EUR = 135.66 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6744 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on February 17, 2004?
On February 17, 2004 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is February 17, 2004?
On February 17, 2004 the zodiac sign was Aquarius.
Who was the US President on February 17, 2004?
On February 17, 2004 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on February 17, 2004?
On February 17, 2004 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on February 17, 2004?
On February 17, 2004 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on February 17, 2004?
Famous people died on February 17, 2004 include, Jose Lopez Portillo.
What was the number one song in February 17, 2004?
The number one song in the week of February 17, 2004 was Slow Jamz by Twista in US and Take Me To The Clouds Above by LMC vs U2 in UK.
What were the top hits on February 17, 2004?
The top hits on February 17, 2004 were Slow Jamz by Twista, Yeah! by Usher, The Way You Move by OutKast in US and Take Me To The Clouds Above by LMC vs U2, Milkshake by Kelis, Hey Ya! by Outkast in UK.