Saturday 17 March 2007, St. Patrick's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Sisters by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Koledzicom po svijetu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts or Champions of Regnum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 17 March 2007 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 March
- Thousands of activists march to The Pentagon in Washington to mark the fourth anniversary of the start of the war in Iraq. (New York Times)
- 2007 Zimbabwean political crisis: Three activists in the Zimbabwe opposition are arrested as they attempt to leave the country for South Africa including Arthur Mutambara, leader of a faction in the Movement for Democratic Change. Two of the activists were seeking medical treatment after having been arrested a week ago. (AP via Washington Post)
- In major upsets, Bangladesh beats India by 5 wickets in a 2007 Cricket World Cup tie-up, (Reuters)
- The Prime Minister of Australia John Howard makes a commitment to keep Australian troops in Iraq until Iraq is able to control its own security. (BBC)
- The Palestinian Legislative Council endorses a unity cabinet containing members of Fatah and Hamas. (Reuters via News Limited)
- President Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan apologises for a police raid on Geo TV's offices in Islamabad the day before, with 14 police officers suspended for their alleged part in the incident. (IBN)
- At least seven people die in a TU-134 plane crash in Samara in Russia. (BBC)
- A heavy metal band tours India for the first time. Iron Maiden, at Palace Grounds, Bangalore.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Break It Off - Rihanna
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 March 2007
Serie AItalian Football
- Sampdoria - Palermo : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Waregem : 0 - 0
- Bergen - Genk : 5 - 0
- Beveren - Lierse : 1 - 1
- Club Brugge - FC Brussels : 4 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Bielefeld : 2 - 0
- Dortmund - Nurnberg : 0 - 0
- Ein Frankfurt - Bayern Munich : 1 - 0
- Hannover - Hamburg : 0 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Osasuna : 0 - 3
- Mallorca - Betis : 2 - 0
- Recreativo - Barcelona : 0 - 4
- Valencia - Santander : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?